The Commanders Update 2.3 will be going live today! The Elite Dangerous servers will be unavailable from around 9.30am BST until the new updates are live. We expect the
The Commanders Update 2.3 will be going live today! The Elite Dangerous servers will be unavailable from around 9.30am BST until the new updates are live. We expect the downtime to last until around 6PM BST. In the meantime, we will have a livestream starting at 2PM BST, so join us there!
The beta servers will be available until at least when the main servers go live.
The Commanders includes these amazing new features:
- Commander Creator: with the new in-game Holo-Me feature lets you create your own commander using a variety of customisation options!
- Multi-Crew has been added with three new roles: Gunner, Fighter, or Helm. Matchmaking has been added for different session types and there are also separate stats included.
- Welcome the new passenger ship called the Dolphin.
- With the all-new Camera Suite you can view your commander and ship from a variety of interior and exterior angles, using a range of new camera controls. Perfect for all the videomakers out there… can’t wait to see what you make with the new tools!
- Aside from bug and stability fixes, we’ve also added a host of new mysterious things, asteroid bases, 100 new tourist beacons, and more!
Interested? These are just a taste of the update notes - the full change log can be seenhere.