Welcome to the final round of testing for Onslaught on PTS! While the previous installments centered on adding content and systems, our focus for this round balancing. Let’s look
Welcome to the final round of testing for Onslaught on PTS! While the previous installments centered on adding content and systems, our focus for this round balancing. Let’s look at everything available for you to experiment with.
What’s available for testing
Since a lot has been added between the various PTS updates, here’s a quick breakdown of everything available for testing.
- The full process of loot acquisition has been implemented across the entire game. This includes an overall increase of loot gained, Discipline/Rating targeting for gear drops, Set Bonuses, Tacticals, Amplifiers, the gear deconstruction system, and several gear vendors.
- The upcoming Dxun Operation open for testing! If you would like to see what dangers await you in Dxun's jungles, head to Odessen. There, your adventure will begin with an ominous bridge leading into the sky. Dxun is accessible on Story Mode and Veteran difficulty.
- Onderon is open for you to explore! The storyline isn’t playable, but the Daily Missions are.
- How is the balancing between Set Bonuses, Tacticals, Amplifiers, stats, and overall builds? Is anything too strong or too weak?
- Have you played through Dxun? Are there parts that are too easy or too hard? If so, where and how?
- How does PvE balance feel? In what ways would you adjust it? Do Story/Veteran/Master Modes reflect the proper difficulty in both new and old content?
- What about the balancing for PvP? Are there any abilities that should be adjusted? Should Amplifiers be enabled for Ranked PvP?
- Have you completed any of the Onderon Daily Missions? Are any of them too easy or too challenging?
- What about the Mek-Sha Heroics? With the proper amount of people, are any of them too easy or too challenging?
In addition to the Achievement to complete five group activities added in Phase 2, we’ve added a new Achievement to complete ten group activities in this round of testing. If you haven’t earned the first Achievement, you still have time! Even though it was brought in with Phase 2 of PTS, you can still gain credit for it and the new Achievement by completing ten group activities.
Completing both of these Achievements will earn you the following rewards*:
- Complete the first PTS achievement - The Strike Team Specialist and Strike Team Commander Character Titles.
- Complete the second PTS achievement - The new Kai Zykken MK-85 Test Log Mount. Warning - Mount may move at the speed of an actual log.
These PTS rewards will be awaiting you when Onslaught launches on October 22nd!
How to Get Started
- Create a new character and leave your starting phase to find a teleport terminal which will send you to Odessen.
- Click on the boost terminal on Odessen to boost your character to level 75 and grant you credits.
- Interact with the class-appropriate PTS Gear Vendor on Odessen to choose from a variety of Set Bonus gear and Tactical Items.
- Now test them out to your heart’s desire! Play any content you’d like to get a feel for these changes and how they work. Whether it’s practicing on training dummies, random enemies in the wild, Warzones, or Flashpoints, the choice is yours! (Remember, most content has not been balanced for level 75 yet, so things will likely be far too easy or too hard.)
Would you prefer to copy one of your own characters? If so, you can follow these easy instructions below!
- Log into www.swtor.com.
- Click on your account name in the top right-hand corner of the site.
- Click “My Account.”
- In the left column, scroll down and click the link entitled “PTS Character Copy.”
- Select the server and then the character that you wish to copy from.
- Click the “Copy Character” button.
- The site will display the current status of your character copy at the top of the page. Additionally, you can click the “View your character transfer history” link to see if the copy has completed.
What to Expect
- There will be multiple rounds of testing on PTS, so expect characters to possibly be wiped in between rounds.
- Some rounds will allow for character copy, while others may not. Keep your eyes on each round’s PTS blog for details.
- The PTS may not be available at all times, as it is a test server. Downtime with little or no warning is possible. Please watch the PTS forum for details.
- Everything shown on the PTS is subject to change.
- At the beginning of each round of PTS testing, expect to see a new blog like this one!
The team is hard at work bringing a lot of changes to the PTS, so please jump in and give us your feedback!